Thursday, 15 March 2012

Jane Austen links from March 2012 craft camp

Hello everyone, this is a post partly for Kate who asked me to email her the link to my favourite BBC Sense and Sensibility adaptation. It's the one below, featuring the delectable Hattie Morahan as Eleanor (walks all over Emma Thompson I reckon) and the divine Dan Stevens of Downton Abbey fame, as Edward. The production is lovely, and the cottage they go to live in when they leave the Great House is quite gorgeous.




Link to the show on the BBC website here. I got it on dvd from my library, but all the episodes are also on youtube I believe.




And for Caroline, the latest Emma adaptation, again a BBC one I think. It's a four part series, and I watched it all on youtube. Romola Garai (who played the blonde sister in Atonement) is wonderful as Emma and Jonny Lee Miller is fab as Mr Knightley. It's a very relaxed and humorous adaptation; the best I've seen. Michael Gambon plays the very fragile OCD father.

Here, watch this. It's the proposal scene where he thinks she's been in love with Frank Churchill and she thinks he's besotted by Jane Fairfax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK_bxcJFQbE




Finally, a little treat for all my fellow Austen lovers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1azbf19VR4

1 comment:

  1. I might have seen the Romola Garai Emma, now I watch that clip. But need to see it again properly obvs.

    ReplyDelete