Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Corn fritters

Here is the recipe, straight off the back of the corn can!

3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
20g butter, melted
410g can corn kernels, drained
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tsp olive oil

1/ Place flour into large bowl.
Whisk together the milk, eggs and butter.
Stir into flour until batter is smooth.

2/ Add corn, cheeses and chives. Season and mix. Although I didn't season, and I used no-salt-added corn.... I reckon it's the chives that really make the taste pop.

3/ Heat oil in non-stick pan, add spoonfuls and cook approx 2 mins each side.

Enjoy with sour CREAM and guacamole, smoked salmon and the company of some truly fabulous and beautiful women.

2 comments:

  1. Straight off the back of the can. And there we were thinking it was a traditional Yiddish/Hebrew delicacy.

    Sour CREAM. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just got a delivery of organic tinned corn - so this is perfect! I'm sure my family will love them.

    ReplyDelete