Thursday, 22 September 2011

Spring Fairs

I thought Gill's idea about school fetes was a great one, and fortuitously we have two coming up, the first being the littlest offspring's school.

Saturday 22nd October 10am - 4pm
Briar Hill Primary School
Gladstone Rd, Briar Hill (near Greensborough)


Maypole dancing opens the fair at 10am. There will be lots of stalls, a cafe run by the class 6 parents (yours truly), a story tent, plenty of Steiner-friendly-but-not-purist crafts, activities and stalls, and performances from the school strings groups, including a rather nervous beginners' adults strings group known as Highly Strung who are scheduled to appear on the main stage at noon. Ahem. Or you could wander around the permaculture mandala garden and admire the vegies, chooks and ducks, enjoying an organic Class 3-made lemonade. I have been known to have a stall selling hand dyed yarns but am not likely to do so this year (what with my cafe and cello-playing duties you know). Also, for past craft campers who know Yuki, she'll be there selling her amazing aprons and bags, maybe some of her soap, and performing in the no-longer-beginners adults strings group known as the Mighty Cellos.

I can't get the image to save as a jpeg so I will just link to the fair here.

Then in November my older two boys' school, the Melbourne Rudolf Steiner School, is having its Spring Fair and Open Day. I'll come back and add an image when they release the flyer as the artwork is always magnificent. We have a range of amazing and talented artists at the school. The MRSS fair is a huge affair and is the place to go for an impressive range of craft stalls, children's activities, fabulous food, and extraordinary musical performances all day long. The classrooms are also open with displays of the children's work. I can be spotted on rubbish duty, and crying in the hall when my children perform. If you come Gill, I'll introduce you to ShadyGrey whose blog I know you read :) Sandra from Winterwood will also be there, again for some past craft campers who know her.

Saturday 12th November, 10am - 4pm
Melbourne Rudolf Steiner School
Wonga Rd
Warranwood

4 comments:

  1. sounds fabulous! we can barely organise a beer in a brewery this term. Oh well. I like the sound of the Steiner school one too>

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both Steiner schools! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suse,
    I would like to add the Little Yarra Steiner School Spring Fair to the list. It's on Sunday October 23rd from 10am until 4pm. Usual lovely Steiner goodness, craft stalls, food, music, performances etc. Address is: 205 Little Yarra Road
    Yarra Junction
    Victoria
    Link to the poster is here: http://lyss.vic.edu.au/

    The Dandenong Ranges Steiner School couldn't muster up enough support for a spring fair this year, which is a pity but there you go. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh hi Kat. I didn't know others could read a group blog?! How did you find it?

    Thanks for the LYSS info though. Shame about DRSS. It was certainly advertised in our school newsletter as going ahead, so I hope people didn't show up.

    ReplyDelete