Our [Foxy] Lady of Perpetual Crochet
Greetings campers. I only have footnotes left to do on the essay (never mind that it was due in at 4 o'clock this afternoon and it will be 24 hours late) so I'm giving myself a well deserved break and thought I'd make my first contribution to the would you like cream with that? blog.
Brilliant name Janet and Caroline, and well done to Janet for getting us up and running and all organised with a side bar of links to important folk, and a glorious banner to boot.
Well. No recipe from me as I didn't actually cook this time, unless anyone has a request for a recipe of mine from a previous camp? Let me know.
In the meantime, links to some of the stuff I mentioned. I'll come back and add more if I think of them later.
The website that sells stripey and plus size tights and leggings is called We Love Colors. It's here.
The garter stitch cardigan that Janet was wearing and I've made twice is dead easy. Links to my versions, Janet's version and the free pattern are here, here and here. (Ravelry links)
The fantastic BBC Radio 4 podcasts that I mentioned are all available on iTunes. Go to iTunes and enter the names to search for them, or to the BBC Radio 4 site. I'm enjoying:
In Our Time (a history of ideas, with Melvyn Bragg) - stories from history, art, literature, you name it, with a panel of experts;
Desert Island Discs (self explanatory and famous); and
Woman's Hour (celebrating, entertaining and informing women).
I believe Tania recommends The Archers, if that sort of thing floats your boat, ahem.
Is there anything I've missed?
I would like to put in a request for the corn fritters recipe please. And the tagine. Um, and the butterscotch pudding.
I wore my doily skirt today and didn't get any odd looks. I did put the teacup down before I set out, I promise.
I had to hold something or my hands looked stoopid.
PS. I came home refreshed, nourished and full of the joys of Spring. You women are all so very good to me, and for me. Thank you, x
Your photos, as always, are beautiful. Will you lose marks for the 24hour lateness?
ReplyDeleteYes.
ReplyDelete:(
On the upside, I finished it two minutes ago! Bed now and will deliver it tomorrow in my lunch hour.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFor the record...
ReplyDeleteI never RECOMMENDED the Archers. I merely admitted to an ongoing, sheepish addiction. So. Ner.
PS. That skirt is the bees knees.
ReplyDelete